Friday 6 January 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my lovely little blog my fellow Anthro 392 peers. My name is Taylor Sands and I'm in my second year here at UVic. I'm in this course because I'm currently doing a double major in Anthropology and Environmental Studies. Why you ask? I can't exactly put my finger on it why, but I adore anthropology. From what I've seen so far, I think I like physical anthropology best. If I were to do anything with anthropology I think it would be something to do with forensics because I find that completely fascinating. I'm also extremely passionate about Environmental Studies because my dad is a manager of energy for a school district back at home (Coquitlam, BC). He always informs my family about the environment and helps us be sustainable people. Why both of these subjects together? I believe that learning from the past (Anthropology) could potentially help us make better decisions for the future (Environmental Studies). 



Outside of school I'm a Community Leader in residence and I am obsessed with anything to do with The Hunger Games, Breaking Bad and anything Disney. If you love any of these things, you should DEFINITELY let me know. Ps. that picture down there is the new poster I just bought. So happy! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I was surprised to see you in line when this is the one image you had in your introductory blogpost!! I hope you enjoyed the movie :) I thought they did a really good job!!

    ReplyDelete